Gone South 120 - Virginie, Marie & Arnaud

We've gone south for 120 days & invite you to join us (if only from a distance) on our trip through Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia & Peru. The initial idea of doing it by car was temporarily abandoned due to lack of funds to rent a car. This obviously doesn’t rule out the purchase of a car somewhere along the road. Should you want to see what we're seeing, doing and enjoying, come back here & drop us a line! We'll try to keep this blog updated with photos & comments. Enjoy it!

Name:
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A day on the beach in Buzios

Let me try to describe a typical day on Geribà beach - Buzios.
We start by catching a small, falling to pieces mini van thing at the corner which drops us off at the best beach in the world. We get ourselves settled and get our first drink (a guarana or cha mate leao com limao). It´s not long before we head for the waves, with or without a body board - the waves were excellent today and we´ve all got pretty good at the sport. When our hour´s up we dry off in the sun and contemplate what to eat. The choice is varied: vendors of milho (corn on the cob), kebab and grilled catupiry cheese on a stick, empanadas or ice cream roam the sea front all day. Once lunch is taken care of we play some palette. That has resulted in aching muscles and we´re no good compared to the teams of professionals we´ve seen! Again a splash about session in the sea and then an ice cold fresh coconut watching the shade dominate the beach indicating the end of the day is near and it´s time to head back in another rickety mini van!
Big kiss, Marie


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there! Tell you what - I am just jealous. Now you are really enjoying life after all the adventures you have had around South America and now I imagine it is also the time - while relaxing - to digest all the things you have seen, heard, felt on your body and in your legs and mind. I am sure you cannot really understand that it is now all over, but for sure you are missing friends and family who are of course missing you too. Marie - I will be looking forward to soon hearing your happy voice on the phone in Travel Service ;o)
Here it is still chilly (5-8 degrees) in the mornings, but everything now looks green and nice, but it has been a struggle with a long and boring winter here. I haven't got rid of my nylons yet :o( Have a safe trip back and thank you for sharing all your experiences with hugs from Merete

8:56 am  
Anonymous edith said...

I don't think you want us to tell you a day in Brussels traffic, at the office or with the clients...
It's a pitty though!
Don't know very well what milho verde is: Arnaud, I think you like it, but Virginie, is this your first try?
And Marie, if that is your coconut (?) you do seem to enjoy it!
Here I guess the beachdays will start some day this year (or next?), but we don't really suffer anymore from cold and rain. I did see someone in shorts; but maybe he was from Manchester!..
Papi and I are counting the days off like mad and will be so happy to see the 3 of you again. Can't wait!
Lots of kisses
mami

8:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour les bronzés!
Quelle rude vie sur la plage...
Arnaud, cache ta cigarette, non?
Merci Mamma Maria pour la carte postale. Sais quand arrivée puisque viens de rentrer de chez Quentin. Te montrerai les photos, qui sont loin de valoir toutes vos superbes photos.
Profitez encore au maximum
Bises
Anneke

5:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just enjoy the beach life. It won't last long. I did it for 3 months in portugal and believe me: you can get tired of it. But now I won't complain about being in the sun on a beach with nice waves.
Something else: we were in winter, we had one week summer: 23-25°C and now again winter. I even took my scarf back out. Really depressing.
There is one thing that is positif in my life for the moment though. I finally get out of the graveyard shift and will live more or less a normal "working" life again. Which means a normal social life again etc. For my summer holidays i still have no idea but i'll find that out soon enough. France or Spain or I don't know but probably Europe anyway for now.

See you soon strandjeannetten.

Anthony

11:21 am  
Anonymous Patrik said...

Wow, I want to be at a beach to...but now it has started be warm in belgium as well, but what matter does that do, I still have to be inside the office... Have fun

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home