Gone South 120 - Virginie, Marie & Arnaud

We've gone south for 120 days & invite you to join us (if only from a distance) on our trip through Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia & Peru. The initial idea of doing it by car was temporarily abandoned due to lack of funds to rent a car. This obviously doesn’t rule out the purchase of a car somewhere along the road. Should you want to see what we're seeing, doing and enjoying, come back here & drop us a line! We'll try to keep this blog updated with photos & comments. Enjoy it!

Name:
Location: Brussels, Belgium

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Back home

I`ve been back in Europe now for more than 24 hours and had tears in my eyes opening the blog from here for the first time. For weeks I`ve wanted to write another entry but just didn`t find the time, didn`t seem to be in the right mood, or couldn`t come up with the right words to describe what I felt....
Now I`m sitting here and still can`t come up with the right words. So many feelings rushing through me , while at the same time I feel like I never even left Europe. It doesn`t feel weird to walk through the streets here or to hear just English around me. It will probably hit me later. And I`m still experiencing jet-lag which might be slightly more pronounced than usual due to the fact that I only slept about 4 hours a night during the last few nights in Rio.
I`m going to cut this short because it doesn`t feel like the time is right to write a last conclusive entry. Maybe it`s because I`m not ready to say good-bye yet to this amazing trip and just want to keep this blog running, or maybe it`s because I`m in Manchester and haven`t ended it in Brussels as we had planned to do. I don`t know. I just know that I`m sad it`s over and while I was completely ready and even anxious to get back to Europe, to sort out my life, settle down and find myself a job, now I think back and will miss being able to wake up every morning wondering what to make out of this beautiful new day.
We have had the experience of a life-time, I`ve met some amazing people whom I really hope to keep in touch with, and despite all the difficulties we`ve had, the fights and the sad moments I can`t think of any other people I would have rather shared this with. Like you said Arnaud, this will have to be repeated! BUT this time with Michael as well!
Thanks everybody, for following us from Europe and thanks everybody else for making this an unforgettable part of my life! All of those in Europe, I WILL get in touch with you soon and hopefully meet up with as many of you as possible! Right now though, I`m going to enjoy these few weeks in Manchester :)

Love,
Vigi

5 Comments:

Anonymous Papi said...

Bonjour Pupuce,
Of course this is not the time to make the conclusive entry: we are still waiting impatiently for you to come to Brussels. We still miss you as much as a few days ago. Even if you stay only a short while in Brussels as long as we haven't hold you in our arms in Brussels this trip is not over. XXXX
Papi

12:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi... is been a long time without know anything about you im glad that you having the time of your life...

besos from an old friend...

7:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who writes about
many
home based business reviews

If you want to know more here it is
home based business
www.home-businessreviews.com

2:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm fresh on here. I came upon this forum I have found It quite accessible & it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute and guide others like its helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later

5:26 pm  
Blogger Yvonne Kirby said...

Very nice article! It really made me interested here. Thank you for bringing more informative post. I can't wait to read more of your blogs
florida property management

8:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home